Station Manager / Development Director for New South Bend Catholic Radio Station
Redeemer Radio, a non-profit, Catholic Radio Group is seeking a full-time Station Manager / Development Director for its new Catholic Radio Station coming to South Bend. The chosen candidate will report to, and work closely with, Redeemer Radio’s Executive Director to build this new local Catholic Radio station in South Bend. The Station Manager will lead staff and volunteers to build a first class South Bend Catholic Radio station including strong involvement with area parishes, the diocese, and the greater South Bend Catholic community.
The chosen candidate will possess excellent organizational and leadership skills; with previous management experience required. In addition, the Station Manager will function as the Development Director executing market introduction and building solid future donor support. The ideal candidate will think on his/her feet; work both independently and as part of a team; and be a leader.
Volunteer involvement is one of the most important factors in the success and growth of Redeemer Radio. The Station Manager will have outstanding interpersonal skills and both lead, and appropriately delegate responsibility to, new volunteers. The selected candidate must possess excellent computer skills and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Manage a staff and volunteers to introduce and present a quality Catholic Radio station on-air and in the
- Lead and oversee fundraising efforts in the community, and on air, with planned appeals that increase
community engagement, funding, and listenership
- Responsible for expense and revenue budget attainment
- Instill and maintain a strong Catholic faith atmosphere amongst staff, volunteers and donors
- Maintain and encourage strong communication with other Redeemer Radio staff outside the South Bend
- In conjunction with the Community Relations / Program Director and Executive Director develop:
* Quality South Bend area program content
* Strong relationships with area Catholic parishes and apostolates
- Practicing Catholic in full communion with the church
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in an aligned field of study
- Demonstrated volunteer experience in parish and Catholic environment with a good network of readily
established contacts in the greater South Bend area
- Obvious zeal for the Catholic faith and strong background in the teachings of the Church
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous broadcast experience a plus, especially in radio
Please send resume, references, salary history and salary requirements (necessary for consideration) to:
Attn: Executive Director
4618 East State Blvd. Ste. 200
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
You may also choose to email all of the above information to: jobs@RedeemerRadio.com
Printable PDF of Job Description HERE
As a religious broadcaster, Fort Wayne Catholic Radio Group (Redeemer Radio) has established a religious qualification for all employee positions. In accordance with all FCC rules and EEO Program compliance measures, WLYV makes reasonable, good faith efforts to recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, national origin or gender, among those who are qualified for employment based on their religious belief or affiliation.
Download our Past Newsletters